Share |

Friday, April 9, 2010

Post processing


The photo on the right is a photo that I should have turned on the flash when pressing down the shutter. I like this photo a lot but it was under exposed, noisy and it has lens flare.

So I decided to do some post processing on the photo.

First step was to remove the blue dots caused by the lens flare. I used the clone stamp tool in photoshop and cloned the area around the blue dots. The work done is rough and I shall improve on the skill.

After clearing all the flare effect around the black suit and groom's face, I thought it might show up better with a vintage feel. I followed Veerle's blog to get an idea on how to create vintage feel. You may google on how to create vintage feel in photoshop. You will get many tutorials from the web. Just select whichever that best suits your work.

I adjusted the brightness, contrast, colors, saturation, etc on the photo based on my preference. And the final touch was to add in the vignette effect. Yah, I did this step last...

Photo on the left is after post processing.

This 2nd march in, the couple walked very fast...

Lovely and cheerful couple!

Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/kcshashin/WeddingShots30Oct2009

1 comment:

  1. Nice Photos Kee. The couple looked really cute and you did a great job capturing their moments. I like the photos of the little tea lights and the chairs very much. You should make more of the couple photos black and white:) Romantical

    ReplyDelete