Share |

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Turn the flash off

Recently I went to shoot 2 wedding dinners and I repeated a mistake twice!! ARghh!! During march in, a lot of time there will be spot light (not all the ball room have this though) pointing towards the couple. I did not pay much attention to the spot light and continue shooting the couples with flash on. As a result, I got the faces over-exposed! And those photos were totally beyond repair~

Hmm... I don't have the habit to check every shots I took on the camera LCD and ended up, i did not correct my mistake on the spot.


Looking back to the wedding dinner photos I took last year, I am writing this post to remind myself, to turn off the flash when there is spot light shinning at the couple. The photo above was shot without flash (luckily I did not have an external flash that time...)

I do not want to repeat the mistake again... Next time, I must turn off the flash, and maybe try stopping down the EV and see if it gave a proper exposed photo.

Album: http://picasaweb.google.com/kcshashin/WeddingShots21Feb2009

2 comments:

  1. You should stick a piece of tape on your case reminding you to "watch that Flash!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah have to be careful next time. some of the photos i took really too over exposed! sigh...

    ReplyDelete